As you might have noticed, I’ve been a tad absent from the blogosphere lately. April was an intense month, to say the least…
My best friend from HS passed away.
I got completely wasted for the first time in months.
I got a back piece.
Work got insanely HECTIC.
I filed my taxes for the first time as Independent.
I slacked on my healthy diet.
I dyed my hair.
I made shitty truffles.
My taxes got fucked up. (My parents’ tax lady accidentally claimed me on their return..)
My face broke out.
I was BROKE.
I isolated myself.
I cried a lot.
I almost quit my job. A few times.
I started having an influx of negative emotions.
I was at my breaking point.
I turned to yoga and meditation to save me. And they did.
I decided to put all of the things that I’ve gathered over the years and put them to use again (I’d previously pulled myself out of a depressive/anxious episode the previous year). Only this time, even more than before. This time I will stick to my rituals. This time I will CHANGE for the good. For the better. I am a child of the universe. I can only live for this moment. Dwelling on the past or dreaming of the future are only things that will hinder my progess in the NOW moment. And NOW is what will bring me THERE… later. 🙂
Here’s a few of the things I want to incorporate this month to help me HOLISTICALLY feel, emotionally and physically, my best:
1. Meditate for at least 10 minutes per day. (I currently do this most days.)
2. Yoga whenever possible. (I already do yoga daily, the more the better.)
3. One or more Green Smoothies per day. (Like I said I slacked off last month. I FELT the difference my diet has had on my energy and emotional state.. not to mention my face. :()
4. Incorporate more raw foods. (Get back to my salad a day.)
5. Use the Neti Pot 2-3 per week. (Recently purchased and used it once. It was kind of weird, but I did feel clearer and cleaner afterwards!)
6. Dry brush before I shower. (I have done this a few times..)
7. Utilize positive affirmations. (Retrain my thoughts to be positive, not negative.)
8. Work on energy healing. (Currently dabbling with the Emotional Freedom Technique.)
9. Finish “The Tao of Detox” and start reading “The Kind Diet.”
10. Plan a detox for the end of the month.
Oh yeah, and start blogging again on a regular basis!!! 😀
So-even though it was a shit month and I felt like my entire life fell apart amongst the storm clouds-there were a few amazing moments amidst the crap that made me see the clarity of life. I am here for a purpose.. That’s why the universe hasn’t weeded me out yet. I am a strong, independent woman. (Yes, I feel like I can finally start using this term.. Up until now I described myself as a “lady” because I still felt like a little girl inside.) While I still feel young and naive at times.. I think I am finally starting to blossom into the woman that WILL succeed in this world. Just like the lotus flower, I CAN make it out of the darkness and muck.. to shine-bright and beautiful. 🙂
Namaste’ for now..